CASE ANALYSIS REQUIREMENTS
- Title Page & Table of Contents
- Executive Summary (1 – 2 paragraphs) – This should be provided separate to the report
- Problem Statement
- Internal Analysis (concisely discuss most pertinent/key issues, strengths/weaknesses, core competences, competitive advantages, financial situation, current strategy, Value chain, etc.)
- External Analysis (concisely discuss most pertinent/key aspects of the General environment, Industry structure, key trends, Competitors, etc.)
- Identification/Evaluation of Alternative Solutions (3 mutually exclusive, feasible solutions; Each alternative should have a title, short description, Approx. Cost/Benefit & Pros/Cons)
- Recommended solution
- Detailed Implementation Plan
- References/Bibliography (as a minimum, include Hitt & Ireland Text)
The purpose of this report is to investigate OpenTable’s current situation so as to come up with the best strategy for addressing the current problems. To accomplish this purpose, a comprehensive internal and external environmental analysis is carried out to support the identification of internal strengths and weaknesses, as well as external threats and opportunities. Three alternatives for addressing the problem are identified, after which the best alternative is recommended.
Edelman, B., & Webster, K. (2014). Optimization and Expansion at OpenTable. Harvard Business School.
Hill, C., & Jones, G. (2013). Strategic management. Mason, OH: South-Western, Cengage Learning.
Hitt, M., Ireland, R., & Hoskisson, R. (2013). Strategic management. Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning.